- (Links of) Love is all you need (for an Alternative Giving Market!) Alternative Giving Markets provide an awesome opportunity for churches and communities to make a real difference in the lives of people around the world — but it can feel overwhelming to plan one! For an easy and effective way to host an Alternative Giving Market, look no further than the Presbyterian Giving Catalog’s Links of Love activity! Watch the video to see just how easy it is to use Links of Love for a festive holiday activity at your church and order the free kit today!
- Celebrate differently this holiday season! Whether at church or home, consider putting faith in action regarding holiday meals and gatherings. Download Rethinking Holiday Meals and Reclaiming the Holidays.
- Close to Home: Resources for Advent, 9/2021 recorded PRC webinar featuring Lisle Gwynn Garrity of Sanctified Art: Click here
- Resources for Christmas Joy Offering: Click here
- Worship at Home: Advent and Christmas 2020 (Abingdon Press, 2021) These weekly worship services can be used by individuals, families, or groups; they can be used for online or hybrid worship. There are services for each week in Advent, Christmas Eve, the Sunday after Christmas, and Epiphany. Each service includes essential worship elements along with links for online musical selections and traditional hymn suggestions. $9.99
- Prayers for Public Worship: Advent and the Season of Christmas (Augsburg Books, 2020) This book brings together over 300 beautiful prayers for Advent and the Season of Christmas which can be used for worship, devotionals for meetings, etc. $12.99
- Advent in Plain Sight: A Devotion through Ten Objects by Jill J. Duffield, (Westminster John Knox Press, 2022) At Christmas, God came into our ordinary world in the form of a child, and still today, God is at work through the ordinary stuff of life, if we train our eyes to see. Advent in Plain Sight draws readers’ attention to ten ordinary objects that appear in the biblical narratives of messianic prophesy and incarnation. Through focusing on these objects, we can see the near kingdom of heaven on earth and ponder what that divine proximity enables and asks us to do and be. With these digital resources, you’ll find images and guides to augment your Advent sermon series and small-group discussions, as well as marketing materials to help you invite others to join you.
- A Surprising God: Advent Devotions for an Uncertain Time by Thomas G. Long & Donyelle C. McCray (Westminster John Knox Press, 2022) Where do we find hope when it seems in such short supply? Where are the signs of God’s peace in this divided world? “In this time of thirsting for God, we cling in faith to the God who surprises by providing refreshing springs in the driest of places and who allows light to break into our world in the bleakest of times,” write the authors. These daily devotions are for those whose patience is worn and who are struggling to hold on to hope, but who look forward to a surprising God during Advent.
- The Heart That Grew Three Sizes: Finding Faith in the Story of the Grinch (Abingdon Press, 2021) by Matt Rawle. This Advent DVD study with four sessions is based on the faith themes in the book How the Grinch Stole Christmas. This Advent, look at a familiar classic through the lens of faith and see how Christ speaks to us through our culture. $
- All the Good: A Wesleyan Way of Christmas (Abingdon Press, 2021) This is an Advent four-session DVD study guided by the practices in John Wesley’s means of grace. Wesley’s emphasis upon practices of piety and mercy—or good works—drew from the larger Christian tradition. A book of daily meditations is available as part of the study. $